The Intergalactic Daily Message (D.M. - Die Emmers, get it, its frigging brilliant) Hosted by the Holiday House constituents in Cape Town. Spreading the good news to YOU, whilst creating the illusion that you never left home and we still love you.

Monday, November 21

Bob

It was to my great dismay to log on to Die Emmers for my weekly fix of Cape Town as I left it. Only to discover I'd become the unwitting contestant of our very own I'm a celebrity get me out of here!I do not contend that in order for a blogg to be run successfully it requires the attention and love of all its contributors. But like many things in life we have to accept that not all men have equal resources and equal time to spend doing the things we love. How I yearn to come in early Monday morning, warm up with a little round of Worms and then settle into a day of photoshopping and surfing for the Hoff. My reality however is slightly different and access to the internet is controlled by the big Brother that is the company I work for. I do however forward any amusing anecdotes I deem worthy and noticed that although these have been published in the last month on my behalf I still appear on the list of shame.To further insult us of the extradited community, there was no personal warning of up coming evictions, no personal e-mail to someone you've known for 8 years with kind yet firm words of encouragement.What do we look for in our leaders today? Someone with drive and vision, someone to create a page that is original and entertaining. To maintain this domain in a manner that allows its denizens to come and drink from the fountain of creativity and inspiration that is Die Emmers. And above all someone who has enough time on his or her hands to do all of this for us. And we have this all now but I fear history is about to repeat itself at the peril of all those who will not learn from Africa's turbulent past. Did Bob not lead a revolution in Rhodesia, unite a nation and forge one of Africa's oldest democracies in the name of peace and reconciliation. But then some deserved more reconciliation than others and soon all men were no longer equal, you only had to be 18 to claim war veteranship for a war that ended over twenty years ago. And now Africa's breadbasket lies a broken land, ravished by poverty, famine and violence.Does this fate await the green pastures of the Die Emmers? I don't believe the threat is imminent but heed the warning: Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.Ben don't be our Bob.

2 Comments:

Blogger Slammin Jammin said...

And just like that you are off the blacklist.
Its amazing how a little pressure can inspire you to write a truely inspired article on how pressure from leadership leads to a negative effect on the greater good. I for one feel more inspired.

8:23 AM

 
Blogger Slammin Jammin said...

and you did have warning http://dieemmers.blogspot.com/2005/11/survivor-dmers-out-play-out-post.html

9:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|