The Intergalactic Daily Message (D.M. - Die Emmers, get it, its frigging brilliant) Hosted by the Holiday House constituents in Cape Town. Spreading the good news to YOU, whilst creating the illusion that you never left home and we still love you.

Wednesday, August 30

Die POTW 8


Damn, this country is weird. Have you ever heard of a "flat daddy"? Sounds like something you can eat, doesn't it? It's actually a cardboard cut-out that families keep around while the fathers are away at war. I'm not joking. He sits at the dinner table, goes to watch soccer games or just sits in his favourite chair.



“It’s great for the boys. They see him on a daily basis,” she said. “It makes me feel like he’s still around. He comes with us wherever.”

He has a few smudges, but no dings or dents from being placed in front seats, toy rafts and swings.

“I try to be somewhat careful with him,” Rachel said. “I kind of carry him by the neck sometimes.”

Ryan, 5, runs toy cars by his dad’s uniformed upper torso cutout. He reads books to him. He plays kitchen and makes him food.

“I say, ‘I love you, Daddy,’” Ryan said.

AGHHHHHH, thats the craziest f*cking thing I've ever heard. Thats why I am awarding the POTW to this entire family. Check it out here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|