The Intergalactic Daily Message (D.M. - Die Emmers, get it, its frigging brilliant) Hosted by the Holiday House constituents in Cape Town. Spreading the good news to YOU, whilst creating the illusion that you never left home and we still love you.

Friday, August 11

Die Thinking about Thinking

Have you ever thought about thinking? Not in a philosophical sense of do we think or do we just think we think…! But thinking about how we think and what influences the way we make descisions in our lives. If this sounds like something you may have pondered or are now starting to ponder I recommend you read Blink, The power of thinking without thinking by Malcolm Gladwell. It’s a bit heavy and may need to interspersed with some light reading but definitely worth while.

This is however not a book review blog. What I want to share with you is the power of implicit thought. This shit will shatter any preconceived ideas about how liberal you thought you were! It makes fools of all those politely correct types who are of the opinion that they believe all people are equal except those that aren’t as politely correct as them.

Trust me, never again will you say, "Of course I’m not a racist! Some of my best friends are Afrikaans!"

So if you want to shed light on your inner prejudices, all you need do is give up ten minutes of your time.

I, in case you were wondering, have strong aversions to anyone who’s not a white South African male between the age of 26 and 27…but then its not because I’m a racist, bigot and sexist but because I’m narcissistic…there’s a difference…I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|